CLP 2016 Class Retreat
Caring for Body, Mind, Soul on the Civic Path
Saturday Jan 16, 8:30-4:00
Presentation Center, 19480 Bear Creek Road, Los Gatos. Guadalupe Room.
CLP participants should make every effort to join this memorable class retreat that will will help us get to know each other and bond as a class. The beautiful grounds of Presentation Center in Los Gatos will be an ideal location for this experience to take care of our body, mind, and soul. Dress comfortable and casual, breakfast and lunch provided.
SPECIAL DIRECTIONS (do not use GPS):
- Take Highway 17 South toward Santa Cruz past the Los Gatos exits and the Lexington Reservoir.
- Immediately after Lexington Reservoir, take the BEAR CREEK ROAD exit.
- Turn left at stop sign. and wind 2 miles uphill (about 5 minutes)
- Turn left into Presentation Center and Follow signs to parking.
- We will be in Guadalupe Room.
8:00 Set Up
9:00 Welcome/agenda/logistics (CR/NCR, Release)
9:05 Ice breaker (Mayra)
9:15 Glenn Osaka, APALI Advisor
Former SVP, Juniper Networks
9:50 Instructions for preparing 4-minute sharing poster (Mayra)
9:55 Drawing poster
10:20 Personal Stories
Two 35-min. rotations (5 tables of 6-7)
12:40 Gather for class photo & short walk
1:15 Mindfulness Exercise (MC)
1:35 CLP Learning Experiences (ie. Assignments)
1:50 Reading Reflections
2:00 Fish Bowl Sharing (MC)
3:35 Reflection/Appreciation Yarn (Mayra)
3:55 Next week
REQUIRED READING FOR FACEBOOK RESPONSE
4-MIN PERSONAL STORIES
Purpose: Share your personal story to build community.
Poster Preparation (25 min):
1. Take a few minutes to identify a few major stages of your life.
2. Think of a design/image that your can ILLUSTRATE on a large poster to incorporate the major stages you identified.
3. Prepare to share your story in only 4 minutes. What would you like the class to know about your background, growing up, identity, career & civic journey...
Make sure you write your name large and make a large colorful drawing! Have fun!